• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP Annoyance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sucka

I never really put much though into this until just right now, but i figure i'll run it by your guys. Everytime i install my XP (Pro) on any of my machines, and do a few tweaks (disableing of a few services) i can not get the little picture in my start menu to show up. I never paid any attention to it, but i do remember seeing it after the first few boots into XP (while installing drivers/rebooting) but then short after, poof, it's gone. I can't even add it after the fact. What am i disableing/changing that would make that disapear? I wanted to add a little pic i made :(

what method are you using to add a picture?I followed blackviper.com guide kinda loosly to disable services and I never encountered this problem.

I just got that from another forum.......thanks.

Still doesn't work for me though. I am using classic theme with XP start menu and no dice =(

And i could swear my buddy with the same settings had the picture......i'll have to ask him about that.

Sucka said:
Still doesn't work for me though. I am using classic theme with XP start menu and no dice =(

I think it's the classic theme that is the problem. Classic theme did not include a pic in the start menu, so you don't get one even though you use the XP start menu. I have mine set this way and that is how it works here. Switch back to XP theme and the pic will be there.

FoxBat said:
I think it's the classic theme that is the problem. Classic theme did not include a pic in the start menu, so you don't get one even though you use the XP start menu. I have mine set this way and that is how it works here. Switch back to XP theme and the pic will be there.

Yeah, i noticed that. The pic now works, however i didn't want to use the XP theme, something about those round edges was getting to me. Thanks though.

Back