• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p4p to p4c 2.8c and ram questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Firestrider

How high can a 2.8c HT intel processor with a p4p800-e deluxe vdimm, droop mods, and i875P chipset bios hack get? 250fsb+?
Does it have anything to do with the motherboard on how much the FSB can go? It relys only on the processor? 3.0c is $40 more at newegg is it worth it for overclocking? Does it have more multipliers than 14x? And on Ram say you don't get to FSB 250 is it better to underclock pc4000 to 1:1, set a new divider, or get a pc3700 and overclock to 1:1? Can RAM only go at 1:1 when you bios hack p4p to p4c? Thanks for the help

Hmm I don't know much about mods.

I have P4C800-E Deluxe and a 2.8C.
running at 3450MHz with that nice silent air cooler forom Zalman, that "big" cupper thingy.

Im having my memory at 1:1 at 245MHz FSB. (geil PC4200)

it was easy to OC this far but now I get trubble when trying 250 FSB, it reboots under stress.

All processors will be different, some will be good, some will be bad at overclocking. Its just your luc

Zalamander thats really good for a silent cooler, I took my 2.8c to FSB235 1:1(512Mb Twinmos DDR400) on a p4p800 but wasn't prime stable. I run it now at FSB230, 5:4 cause I added more memory which sucks at OC'ing.

I believe the droop mod will help me break 235 but I'm too scared to do it.

Running at about FSB226 at 5:4 get's me the same scores in sandra mem test as FSB200 1:1 and yes I think the PAT hack only works at 1:1.

Well said... depends mainly on the individual processor... Check my sig... 2.8 @ 3.5 (250 fsb) very stable. Have run pretty stable @ 255 but it failed prime after 10 mins or so, so I backed it off a bit. It was perfectly stable in windows. 250fsb is perfect... gaming and everthing I throw at it.

Try to get one from a place that you can send back if not happy... you USA guys & gals seem to have that option which is great. I don't know whether or not you will still be able to get an SL6Z5, but seems they were the best 2.8's. As for 3.0, I think it was the WU version (memory) but a quick search in cpu's will sort that out for you. I am at work right now, but there is also a site that lists overclocks by speed and all their specs. You should also find that with a search or one of the team watching might have it in their heads.

Cheers

EDIT... meant to add... motherboard is completely standard (if you can actually say that about such a nice board)

If that's the case, you need to lower your ram multiplier in the BIOS. I'm at work so can't point you to it, but from memory... there are three settings (1:1, 3:2 & 5:4 though not expressed that way) Choose a lower one (I recall the highest is 400, cause that's what I use) and try for more.

Cheers

O Btw your temp on load is 55, is that what asus probe/MMB reads?

You should add about 8c on to be safe

Back