• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best place to put thermal probe.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nartac

Where do you guys think is the best place to place my probe for water temp? I hace a probe placed in a T fitting and not sure where to put it. Logic tells me to put it along where water exits from the hc b4 going to the blocks.

The in loop water temp varies by less than the accuracy of your probe... Place it anywhere in the loop, preferably someplace non-intrusive.

IMOG said:
The in loop water temp varies by less than the accuracy of your probe... Place it anywhere in the loop, preferably someplace non-intrusive.

finally a correct answer ot this type of question

think less than .2C difference betweent hottest and coldest in your loop

IMOG = poster of the day

IMOG said:
That's assuming a fairly innaccurate (read: typical for WC standards) probe =p.

I could estimate the accuracy of his probe by the way in which he asked the question. ;)

Unless some of Bill's testing equipment has mistakenly fallen into the wrong hands, I believe my statement is correct. :D

Regardless of any of that though, in 99% of situations, the probe inaccuracy is greater than the loops variation in temperature.

I covered those bases with the "typical WC standards" comment. The typical thermometers that 'we' use are far more innaccurate than people would guess. +/- 1.5° in some cases.

Back