• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

been away awhile...which RAM for 260fsb at cas2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
the ocz eb pc3700, super primo bh5, @ 3.2 volts, also ocz has come out with the platinum rev2 cas 2 that stuff has the new samsung chips. ocz has done something to make it run cas 2 at lower speeds but also will run up to 280 mhz..

"also ocz has come out with the platinum rev2 cas 2 that stuff has the new samsung chips. ocz has done something to make it run cas 2 at lower speeds but also will run up to 280 mhz.."

what is the name of this RAM?

ps24eva said:
"also ocz has come out with the platinum rev2 cas 2 that stuff has the new samsung chips. ocz has done something to make it run cas 2 at lower speeds but also will run up to 280 mhz.."

BH-5 with OCZ DDR Booster should get you close to 260 FSB. Maybe not 2-2-2 timings though. 2-3-3 would be good to aim for @ 260 FSB.

Micron chips have given me a headache lately.

I don't know what your intended use is, but I would lean towards the rev 2; I think it will be more "universal" in the long run, but there are bound to be others with a differing view.

ps24eva said:
Is there RAM/chips that can easily do 260fsb at cas 2?

You are not asking for much, my friend :).

Unfortunately the only ram that might do it is no longer available. BH-5 or OCZ PC3700 Golds Rev. 1.0 (at 2-3-3-6) might do it with the OCZ Booster at 3.4+ volts (maybe 3.3 for the OCZ). But you risk frying the ram and/or board. -5B C Micron stuff even in EB ram won't do CAS 2 even at DDR400, and certainly not at 260, 1:1.

Reefa_Madness said:
Micron chips have given me a headache lately.

I don't know what your intended use is, but I would lean towards the rev 2; I think it will be more "universal" in the long run, but there are bound to be others with a differing view.

the rev2 is only rated at "3200"

is it really up for the job?

which ram timing would you rather have?

2-3-3

or

2.5-2-2 (or even 3-2-2)

Really?

Then what's all the fuss about low CL on high fsb? when most people should be concentrating on the RAS to CAS delays.

is there any RAM that can do 2.5-2-2 at 260+???

All of the sticks listed above have a chance, but you will probably need to do a vdimm mod or buy an OCZ vdimm booster to get close unless you get a really good set of sticks.

Jhya said:
Really?

Then what's all the fuss about low CL on high fsb? when most people should be concentrating on the RAS to CAS delays.

is there any RAM that can do 2.5-2-2 at 260+???

On a modded mobo i bet i could get my EB to 260 2.5cas

It does 233 2.5-5-2-2 at 3.0v on an unmodded IC7-Max3 and that is notorious for bad vdimm tracking

~t0m

bump

did any new RAM come out that will fulfill my goal of 260fsb at cas 2?

(I really don't want to hunt around for old BH5 or ocz gold rev1 if I can help it)

Back