• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ripped85

Registered
How is this setup?

dtek spiral waterblock - $25
Hydor L25 - $25
tubing , clamps , water, coolant, fans and T-Line - $30
Radiator?? - Not sure which to get..wanna stay in the $25 range.

What do you guys think?

Welcome to the forums ^_^

What are your goals for the system? That will give you a stable cooling solution, but you will not have the best performance on high overclocks. For a $25 radiator, check out DTek's scratch&dents section for a procore. As it is, it is a decent, quiet budget system that will give you fairly reliable cooling. If you are looking for max overclocking, you'll likely need to upgrade the waterblock and/or pump.

I don't really plan on overclocking anytime soon with the rig i just ordered...

lol...well my rig that i ordered definitely doesn't need to be overclocked at the moment...Is there a kit that would have the basic watercooling setup + something that would cool my 6800GT?

From what I've gathered... there are only 2 waterblocks available for the 6800 series. You would want the DangerDen one - at $120.

Aaaand... there's always a 'need' to overclock! Even a Ferrari Enzo could always use an extra 20 horsepower ^_^. The way I see it, if your system *could* go faster... go for it. I could go spend $2,500 on the absolutely highest performing system... and push it faster. That's the beauty of overclocking... making things go faster than they should. If you and your buddy go out and bought identical 'premier' systems, Athlon FX-53s, 6800 Ultras... etc... and you could push yours an additional 5%, you would come out ahead.

very true...well i'll overclock when i get my watercooling kit...because my comp WILL be running hot.

Spr@l is not that bad - with a good heater core it will allow an excellent overclock...

Back