• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair XL vs OCZ EB for Socket 939

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChAoSx

Sometime this month, I'll be ordering a 3500+ and accompanying motherboard. Unfortunetly, I need some more RAM now for various reasons (Doom 3 :attn: ). My current rig is not overclocked, but I plan on overclocking my A64 system heavily once I buy some watercooling components.

I've narrowed my deceison down to two choices, the Corsair XL, and the OCZ EB, both are 2 * 512. If the EB is the way to go, which speed do I want (3200, 3500, 3700)?

Thanks in advance.

Ya if you want to do some overclocking definatly go with the OCZ EB. The 3200, 3500, and 3700 all use the same chips, but are rated at different speeds. It really depends how high you want to overclock. If you want 250 and up, go with the 3700, but i'm sure the 3500 wouldnt be that far behind.

another cosideration would be the ocz platinum pc3200 rev 2.anandtech did a review. i dont know how they do it but ocz managed to get like 2.2.2 at 433 mhz at 2.65v!!. on top of that it overcloked to almost 280 mhz at 2.85v!! i suspect this stuff wont be cheap (neither is corsair) but the performance of this memory just floored me. it gives u the latitude to run tight timings, or if u want to go for it, it runs to pc4400 speeds..on top of that ocz, has unbelievable support.seanomatic who looks out for the fellows here (ocz rep) is just super...

flapperhead said:
another cosideration would be the ocz platinum pc3200 rev 2.anandtech did a review. i dont know how they do it but ocz managed to get like 2.2.2 at 433 mhz at 2.65v!!. on top of that it overcloked to almost 280 mhz at 2.85v!! i suspect this stuff wont be cheap (neither is corsair) but the performance of this memory just floored me. it gives u the latitude to run tight timings, or if u want to go for it, it runs to pc4400 speeds..on top of that ocz, has unbelievable support.seanomatic who looks out for the fellows here (ocz rep) is just super...

holy cray what IC's?

Back