• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RE: Double Sided 5B-C Sticks From Crucial

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chachmarach

Double Sided 5B-C Sticks From Crucial

Just wanted to let people know that the double sided Crucial memory is available at Crucial but has to be ordered over the phone. I received my 512MB stick last week and it has the Micron 5B-C chips on it. I also bought one on EBay that has the 5B-G chips on it and it clocks around the same. I believe the 5B-C chips are dated 422 and the 5B-G chips are 424. I have them running right now on my NF7-S board in dual channel stable at 218FSB at 2.5 2 2 11 settings. This board has never liked anything much over the 220 FSB mark so I can't really try them at higher FSB's and looser timings. I am very happy with these Crucial sticks and their timings.

Last edited:
you should try them at 3-2-2-11 maybe:)
could have been your ram holding you back b4:)

I had BH-6 before and even with relaxed timings the board doesn't seemt to like higher then 220FSB. I might give it another try though.

Hey try a new BIOS. I'm using Tictacs D10 Beta4 Turbo and it's working wonders. Before with Abits official bios i could only get 210 stable with my 2x512 of 5B-C. Now i'm at 230, and still going.

well bh-6 doesnt like to run over 215-220 FSB w/ any timings w/ out 3.3+ volts:). my nf7 and BH-6 would go over 210 w/ bh-6 until i did a vdimm mod to 3.35 vdimm, then i could get 240ish.(also i had to do the VTT mod......jee BH is such a voltage hog...)

I paid around $115.00 CDN for the 5B-G on Ebay and around $150.00 CDN for the additioanl stick from Crucial including taxes and shipping. So around $265.00 CDN funds when all said and done. I am quite happy with the performance and quality for the price.

Back