• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling the AI7 mosfets

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pntgrd

I am going to put my new system together tonight, on an AI7. It was reommended to me by some people here to make sure and sink the mosfets since i will be running a Prescott. I already have the sinks but I have a question. On the AI7 there is one mosfet that is withing the bounderies of the heatsink bracket holes. That will put this mosfet under the cpu heatsink, an SP94 in my case. My guess is there is not enough clearance to sink this one mosfet. Am I right in this???

Can't do much about that one. The two most important mosfets are the larger ones next to the ATX power connector. Then next in line are the ones long the top edge of the mobo.

OK, I have enough chips to do all those plus the ones coming down behind all the connectors. I also have 2 the size for the Clock generator. That is just to the left of the NB. What is the chip that is the same size just to the Top/Left of the ram slots, just under the top row of mosfets you mentioned. I have a sink for it if needed. I also have a sink for the SB. It is my understanding that the Firewire controller, the LAN controller, and the Winbond chip do not need any active cooling. Is this right? I can probably rig something up if needed.

Thanks for all your help Batboy

Back