• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FireDaemon.exe file, cannot shut it down. Is it a virus or trojan?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TUK101

Ok, I have two instances of FireDaemon.exe running in task manager/processes. I cannot shut either one down, it wont let me. I dont know if these are a virus, malware or spyware but I know that I did not put them there. I am fresh off of a new reformat and have battled viruses like crazy just trying to get windows updated. Heck, I was even getting viruses just trying to get Norton Systemworks updated. :temper: :-/ I have run my Norton anti virus and it doesnt detect anything and my definitions are fully up to date. Help me out here, comments and suggestions will be appreciated. Also, I am running Win2kpro

Thank you. Now that I have read that one I see that the string of viruses that my anti virus has been detecting are all related to the same thing. They have all been password steeling trojans. Now I know how my Ebay account got hijacked.

Back