• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Crucial Ballistix

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cruc1fy

I got my 512MB PC4000 Ballistix sticks today. I threw them in and ran memory stability tests all day. They are running 450MHz at CL2.0, so I'm pretty happy with them.

I used to be a Corsair snob, but I thought I'd give Crucial a chance. Sure it's only been a day, but it seems to be running great.

Thumbs up.

henesse said:
it should be 2-2-2-6

I've never been clear about the order in which the attributes are listed when someone writes W-X-Y-Z.

In PCWizard, it shows tCL, tRCD, tRP and tRAS all at 2 clocks.

Should it read: CL-RAStoCAS-RASPrecharge-Read Delay?
Should it read: CL-RAStoCAS-RASPrecharge-Cycle Time?

Or is it something else?

I've never heard of 2.2.2.2 before on any ram. Has anyone else here seen those timings before? If so, what memory was it?

Those look promising. :clap: Now we need to see how well they respond to voltage.

Incredible. I wanted to order them a couple of days ago, but decided not to. Awesome timings for that high of an FSB! I think the 256s run pretty fast so 512 dual cahnnel wouldn't be bad either. Checked the Crucial site and its about 77 dollars for 256 and 4% off when you buy any pair of Ballistix. If only there was a low cost alternative that gave reasonable timings such as these...

cruc1fy said:
I got my 512MB PC4000 Ballistix sticks today. I threw them in and ran memory stability tests all day. They are running 450MHz at CL2.0, so I'm pretty happy with them.

Hmm, looks good- and if you could keep these timings (2.0-2-2) up to 230MHz or even more, I'll give them a shot.

Ok, I'll give them a shot.
Someone else with similar results? Let's hope it's not just that you had the best luck of the draw ;)

mmm i had 2*512 when it first came out. Wasn't too impressed. COuldnt run tight timings regardless or voltage or overclock. Stock speeds are fine. I returned it the next day and went and bought myself another gig of OCZ EB

K4mui said:
Hmm, looks good- and if you could keep these timings (2.0-2-2) up to 230MHz or even more, I'll give them a shot.

It booted at full 250MHz with those timings, but it wasn't stable.

cruc1fy said:
It booted at full 250MHz with those timings, but it wasn't stable.

It did W H A T ??

Wow, that's impressive.. ok, if that's not screeniestable ;) it's relatively worthless, right (actually this is my way to ask for some pics ;))

And situman, I knew your results, you shared them with us, didn't you? Maybe you had just no luck? Strange anyway... one very good (I think so) and one very bad...

yeah as with everything, its the draw of the luck. I guess its just part of my bad luck with hardwares.

Well, I do not have bad luck, I just have very bad timing... I missed BH-5 by only three days, after that they were gone (exept of Mushkin and OCZ)
I missed T-Bred by one week *grr*

At last now, I don't want to be too late... okay, it doesn't seem like I could be late, but I don't want to make a mistake- and with your results, it definately would be one- you know, nothing against you

It's cool, just wanted to share my experiences. Nothing against Crucial memory. In fact I remember their PC2100 overclocking to PC2700 speeds at 2225 timings. Those were the days.

This 2x512 balistic booted right up at the same timings and speed as the EB3700 was set. 253 3-3-2-1T 5x sync at 2.85volts. Maybe she ain't so bad after all. I'l run Sandra for a while and see if it is stable.

Back