• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good enough case for project?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperDave1685

Hi giys. I'm looking for a case to house my new system in once I get everything ordered and put together. The case I have in mind (which is gonna be my first W/C rig) is this one. Its an Antec Performance Plus Metallic Gray SOHO File Server Case, "PlusView1000AMG". Look very roomy from all of the reviews I've read, plus at only $67, doesn't like too bad of a buy...I got a Antec 450 here already, so worries about the PSU. I'm gonna transfer my current rig into this case, plus all of my w/c stuff.... I could fint my 2 HD's in those extra 5.25 bays with a mounting kit, which frees ups practically the whole front and lower half of the computer to place my pumo, heatercore, and resevoir. Let me know what you think guys! This is my first W/C rig and I want to do it right

ps- I'm going to be upgrading the modo in the process too cause this Intel board won't let me OC (no BIOS support :( )!

Those chieftec, antec, chemning, whatever cases are perfect. I'm using a chieftec version now. You can take out the two 3.5 bays and fit over a 10 inch radiator in that bad boy.

yeah, if you don't have too many harddrives, then taking out 2 of drive bays are perfect for 2 fan hc setup. Otherwise get a one fan chevette hc and lose only one drive bay.

Thanks guys. I plan on getting the DangerDen Double HeaterCore... Looks like it performs fairly well..... Now I jsut need to figure out how to cut out them drive bays....

I don't know the case, so I dont know if the cages can be unscrewed. If they can't I would suggest you look into a Dremel.

Back