• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4C800-E bios 1017 officially released

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FSBuster

Here's what it says, doesn't sound like it will do much for the o/c, but u never know until you try...

Do not use old version Afudos.exe to flash BIOS.Must use new Afudos(2.07) to flash BIOS.
Using ASUSLiveUpdate to flash BIOS,you need to upgrade ASUSLiveupdate to v 5.22.02 or later before flash BIOS.
This BIOS is for motherboards purchased in a retail ASUS package. If your motherboard is part of Compaq X07 Gaming PC or Compaq X09 Gaming PC systems, you should obtain BIOS updates from HP, as using this BIOS may have adverse effects, such as rendering your system unusable.
Fix password invalid, when "password check" change to "always" and press "enter" without typing.
Fix boot order sequence will be change when set SATA to first boot and remove PATA.
Patch Hitachi 400GB HDD can not detect when the system first power on.

I tried that bios in beta version and my overclock decrease, though I will check it out

Some users reported a close to 10 second delay at the POST screen when using 1017.. Do you guys face the same problem? :)

I changed memory and it didn't want turn dual chanel on, put the old memory in still didn't want to turn on, on real ipmrovement, I downgraded to 16 so dual chanel would be on

TWY said:
Some users reported a close to 10 second delay at the POST screen when using 1017.. Do you guys face the same problem? :)

I get the same problem, right before HDD detection... Only have a S-ATA raptor installed ATM...

I don't know if it's 1017's fault, but I remember not having that problem before with 1016

hope this helps

Back