• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This has got to be the weirdest and is no joke....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sophisticated

first to start off i have norton Antivirus 2004 and is scanned weekly and i have ad aware and spybot along with O&O defrag so i kno my comp is squeaky clean...im not havin any troubles but i thought id post this pic cuz its the weirdest thing i ever saw and wus funny is this is a real pic hasnt been photoshopped or nuthin...this happens once n a while which i dont kno y and i dont kno if this is a joke or a EXPERT hacker got thru my firewall which is zonealarm and planted it to happen but newayz here it is

weeird3.jpg

I had the same issue with NAV2004 (before I got rid of it) everytime I went to dump the trash can. I think when I dumped the protected files from the trash can, it would ask if I want to delete 'Windows'. Been so long since I had that.... hard to remeber exactly.

There are PC prank sites all over with stuff like this, some aren't picked by as a virus because they don't do a thing.

I would go intoi my task manager and try to identify what is running when that pops up...

hey, ive had this twice before. Sorry but i have no idea what causes it or how to fix it. But rebooting is fine (was for me) The only way i sorted it was to format. I don't have things like norton installed so i really dont know much about it, only that it done my system no harm, not saying it wont for you, just telling you how it effected me. :)

well it isnt a programmer cuz its on my computer and i dont kno a thing about programming something like that...but like i said it only happen here and there but im not worried cuz i havent reinstalled windows for a good while and it is squeaky clean trust me...im not worried jes thought it'd be funny to sho along with all the fake jokes...

I find that horriblely funny:D. If that happened to me I would FREAK!!! BUT I suspect Enablingwolf is correct. It a bug in NAV2004.

Z

Yeah that made me wonder if I did delete windows.... would I end up with Linux? :D

alien dork said:
you know this could be acheived by creating a new folder called "WINDOWS" and then removing it. the windows will display that message.

Not really because then it would say something along the lines of "are you sure you want to delete the folder windows and not file. You cant create a file named window without a file extension to produce the output above.

-Chris

Chris said:
Not really because then it would say something along the lines of "are you sure you want to delete the folder windows and not file. You cant create a file named window without a file extension to produce the output above.

-Chris

you're right. now my question is, is that the message that comes up when you try to delete windows (i dont really want to try it).

Right Click Desktop > New > Text Document

Rename it to "WINDOWS" without any file extensions.

Delete it and it will ask if you want to delete 'WINDOWS'.

;)

Chris said:

-Chris

Like this?

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 58
Back