• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7-G SATA Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AMD'er

whats up all...i've been working on this all day...I just got my 200 Serial drive and wanted to use it as my OS drive. I have 3 optial drives and one more 200gig IDE...

well the problem is, I can boot with the SATA and only the second HD and DVD Burner shows up... I can't not get the other 2 opticals that are connected IDE 2 to show....

I have tried all the settings in the bios and i guess I don't know what the hell I"m doing...I'm frustrated and need some help...pls give replies thanks.

update....

I know have all my Optical drives connected and they are all shown in windows...but now when I hook up my IDE hard drive the computer only restarts and doesn't not boot into windows...

the reason this post is located in here is because I think its a motherboard issue and i'm searching for answers.

Hay!

Its not an issue its a feature!

It is a very complicated thing and has to do how the SATA channels are added to the existing IDE channels.
The board gives you some options in BIOS in "integrated periph..." it think. You can choose between SATA off, SATA only, SATA combined mode and extended mode (or called similar) and the AUTO mode.
In combined mode only one IDE channel is active and can be used for boot. The SATA channels will replace the 2nd IDE channel. That's why your cd-drives did not show up at all because they both are on IDE 2. You can select there too, which IDE channel should be replaced by SATA. The current active IDE and SATA channels can always be found in BIOS in "standard cmos setup" after a reboot. Check this out.

In your case SATA extended mode should be the right thing to choose. Both IDE channels will be active and the two SATA channels. Then you will have to set boot device priority corretly.

That's all for now,
Edgar

Back