• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I get an Abit IC7-Max 3?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vio1

I was wondering if you guys think an Abit IC7-Max 3 which was RMA'ed to Abit to remove mc64 Is a good buy? I heard that this solves the well known Vdd problem that all Max3's suffer from. Is it true?

Whats your opinion on the matter?

Well, I got one (won it from Abit) and MC64 cap is removed and overclocks pretty nice too, BUT MC64 cap remove doesn't fix stability issues with 2.9-3.2VDIMM. You need to do VTT tracking mod to get higher than 2.8VDIMM working. And about Abit IC7-MAX3, it wins from Asus 3sec at SuperPi clock to clock. Thanks for the GAT.

removing cap64 doesn't solve anything, You would have to add vtt mod to finished it add to stability,

No use to use OCZ Ram Booster, it doesn't solve it. Though it's not expensive to do it, but it's pretty hard comparing to Asus mods.

Vio1 said:
is the max 3 better then the Abit IC7-G MAX II ADVANCE?

it's the same board, so no it's not better, max 3 has more features, otes plus 2 more satas

Vio1 said:
what about using a OCZ ram booster? would that solve the prob with voltage stability?

what suck about this board that the vdimm will supply voltage upto 3.2 but vtt which should be half of the vdimm will decrease once pass 2.9, after 2.9 the vtt should be half of 3.0 but will something close to 2.9 and there goes your stability away

i love my ic7 max 3, it worked finr untill meory slots started playing up but i sorted that, i have never eun my memory above 2.8v but i think its still a great o/cer

Phil

Philip1193: have you had any other p4 motherboards that you are comparing to? or is the ic7 max 3 the first of your p4 mobos?

my first one but, before i bought it, i did lots of reading about lots f mobo's, also think the abit ic7 max 3 has a good following, and lots of mods etc are out for it, as i said before i love my board, but if u get the chance to try the asus pc4000 try it and report back

Phil

Back