• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ booster stopped working with IC7-Max3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ForeverUnknown

Registered
ok i got my booster a few days ago and everything was going fine. i decided to take out the booster from my system and run without it for a little. when i go back to put it in, it doesnt work or at least the leds dont work. tried all 4 slots with no goi thought i fried the little thing or something but i went and tried the booster on my nf7-s v2 and it worked. does anyone know what's wrong?

Did you check you make sure you had all the plugs in and setup right? Yellow in the yellow and blue in the blue? I'd also make sure the booster was set to its minimum voltage when you try to boot it up. If it works in the NF7, but not the Max 3 it could just be some kind of board issue like slot placement.

Steve

mrspec3 said:
Did you check you make sure you had all the plugs in and setup right? Yellow in the yellow and blue in the blue? I'd also make sure the booster was set to its minimum voltage when you try to boot it up. If it works in the NF7, but not the Max 3 it could just be some kind of board issue like slot placement.

Steve

the power cables are correct. when it worked, i used slot4. now i tried 1, 3, 4 and none of them work. when i try and boot it's set at 2.6-2.7. that never made a difference before

i just worked before but stopped. that's what i dont understand.

mrspec3 said:
Does your motherboard still work without it?

yes everything works without it. well except that my audigy2 is acting up now. cant here sound unless the volume is all the way up. i heard pop before it all went to hell. of topic but does that mean my card is dead? i'm trying to install it on another computer and see but i cant even get the drivers installed.

malinois1: everything should be getting powered. i checked the connecters and they seem to be in all the way.

man what else can go wrong for me

SeanOMatic said:
Use the same PSU you used for the NF7 to work with the Booster and see if that helps.

ok i'll try that. I'm talking with AndyT from BE too and he doesnt seem to know what's going on either

Back