• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Something interesting with my Koolance setup...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NVetro

Hey all. Wanted to share something with you all. The koolance setups as most of you know have an LED in front that show the current coolant temp. On a hot day with no AC on in the room the coolant flowing through the system under full load can get to approx 45c (113f). Mind you, this is under full load for an extended period of time in a room with no AC, the temp is prob 85for so in the room. I was messing around the other day in the case and I mounted a 80mm (32cfm) fan on the back side of the video card (i know i shouldn't do this) standing up, so it is 1-2 inches away from the north bridge water block and blowing directly on it. I let it run for awhile (about 1 day) and i've noticed the coolant temp (acording to the LED on the koolance case) has NOT gone over 29c (84.2f) at full load. With the AC on full overnight, and the system at idle the lowest I have seen this coolant drop was to 16c (60.8f). Is this drastic drop in coolant temp a result from my putting that fan blowing 32cfm of air directly on the northbridge water block (which is a solid copper unit with no plastic around it). Post what you think, I guess my test should be to take the fan out and see if the coolant shoots back upto 45c under load.

Last edited:
Back