• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question, which case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Funbags

I descided to go ahead and grab a new case and give my brother who is going away to school my other one.

Now I read over the sticky on the cases, man some of those are expensive!

Anyways, the Cheiftec's seem to be more in my range (less then $100).

You guys reccomend any others for that price range?

I am stuck between the full tower one -Chieftec Matrix MA-01BLD full tower ATX Or the Mid tower Matrix one. I would be loosing about 6 inches if I did the mid tower. I would like a lot of space for watercooling and air movement.

Any suggestions?

I wanted to do a Dual 120 type rad, like the bonne or the swiftech.

Thanks guys.

Well.. I think I will just go with the full tower, seems like the best deal for a nice case, and leaves me plenty of room.

I've got the full tower Cheiftec Matrix and I really like it. It's extremely roomy, I'm running a dual 120 heatercore mounted sideways at the top of the case, and everything fits together quite nicely. Her'es a couple pics of how I did it.

Under Construction:
side.jpg

Mostly completed:
rigteaser1.jpg

Anyways, my point is the full tower has a ton of room and I think you would like it. Beware though, it also weighs a TON!!! :eek:

Funbags said:
Thats neat! Anywhere else you considered mounting that rad in there, just looking for options.

what Cyberwiz01 did is probably ideal but you could also mount it facing the front of the case where the 3.5 bays are. Of course you would loose your 3.5 bays. but in a full tower you could just get 3.5 bay adapters for all those 5.25 bays. If you mount it up front you won't have to cut a hole in your case doors

yea thats sweet, I would have to do it that way because I caint have the blow hole at top because the case would just fit under my Desk i have in the computer room!!

I may just go with this bad boy. and Its in my price range. Now for what PSU :)

I have the chieftec DA-01-BLD bigtower, and i like it very very much. Solid build, plenty of room, good, informal looks and great airflow for any kind of cooling. Lots of moutning options for fans etc. Did i forgot to tell that it has magnificent cooling potential? :p

I love the towers.. But man.. My desk is only 27.5 inchs high, so that rules out useing the top of that monster case with blow holes.. I was thinking of going with the smaller tower thats 20.5 inchs from Chieftec. What ya think of that one?

those are of the same build quality, and almost the same design. just less space inside. (but no miditower has it) if you can lack that, theyre a good choise.

any other suggestions? I want to order one by sunday night.

I am stuck between the two chieftec's.. the mid tower or the full tower... Like I mentioned my desk is 27 inchs high, so that 26 inch tower i wont be able to use the blow hole config.. not that thats a huge deal.. but... hrmmm

Well yea I could, but...

I would rather maybe mount the Rad on top of the mid tower, or off the back of the mid tower..

Of course I would rather do it inside of the case if space was not a problem.. But I do want a dual 120 rad :)

Its still a toss up...

Back