• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Major Explorer.exe error after Sp2 install

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Capt Fiero

Ok this is really getting me upset. I did a full format and re-install. I only have the basics installed at this point. Drivers, and Office installed. All servicepacks are in including SP2.

Now I am getting this

explorererror.jpg

Any of you programing gods got any suggestions.

Looks liek to me to be a memory error.

There is a lot of individuals having problems with SP2. Some are getting the Explorer.exe errors and some are just getting their PCs hosed completely.

I don't know if you feel like trying it, but have you gone back to SP1a yet as a comparison?

Is your system overclocked, or any part thereof? Like was mentioned before, memory could be to blame.

SP2 is working fine for me on 2 machines.

At the time of the error she was not overclocked at all. I have actully went in and did some tweaking and raised the clock speed up, raised the ram voltage up. So far she is doing alright.

I had it at 2.8 now I am running 3.2 with mem turbo on and the mem back up to 2.85.

I have never had this error before until SP2 it is probably a bug but I guess I will just have to wait and see what other people come up with

Back