• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First watercooling setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lazua

Registered
Hey guys, im new to watercooling and have spent some time trying to learn about whats good and not. I put together what I think would be a pretty good setup for my new athlon64 3200+ and the chipset on the asus K8V SE Deluxe mobo. Eventually I will want to add watercooling for the nvidia 6800 I plan to buy for this system. I think it would be best to try and get the rest of it done before I spend that much more on the DD video card block, or should I do it all at once? Anyway I was thinking this case HERE . Then for the actual watercooling system I would go with somthing like this:
all 1/2" btw

Danger Den - RBX Block Athlon64 $50
Danger Den MAZE4 Chipset Block $40
Danger Den DD12V-D4 pump $75
Black Ice Xtreme Radiator $60
DD single bay resevior $30
Tygon tubes + clamps $30
for a total of almost $300

So, does this look like a good setup, anything stupid or did I miss anything? Also this setup is a bit more than I wanted to pay, know any good ways to knock the price down? I was thinking of getting a car rad since it looks like they only run about $20 for a good one. Any advice from the pros would be appreciated.

Looks good. However, for your first time I'd replace the RBX with the DD TDX because although you may get a performance loss of about .5 degrees, the 2 barb setup of the TDX makes routing tubing much easier compared to the 3 barbs on the RBX. Also, don't use the BI rad. Order a either a double heatercore from DD with shroud or a 2-342 and make your own shroud for better performance at half the price. If you want to knock the price down use clearflex tubing...even though the price difference might not even be worth it. You could also use a t-line instead of a res. Otherwise, everything else looks good. Good luck with your watercooling system.

PS...You forgot the price of fans.

Back