• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dangerden 6800 waterblock performance.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

runsalone

machine.jpg

System is; Iwaki WMD-20RLT, 1/2" ID tygon, dual 120 mm heatercore with shroud (two 120 x25 mm deltas pushing 70ish CFM each).

All temps recorded with speeds of 450 mhz core (modded bios for 1.4 volts), 1200 mhz ram. After about 3 hours of bleeding the system, the idle temps are between 40 and 42 C. Full load under RTHDRIBL is 51 C. 3dmark03 score of 13,388.

damn that's a big pump. and an ugly green case ;) Why are you not Wc'ng the CPU?

he's just testing the block

damn those temps suck.... i wonder if it's because it's producing so much heat or because the temp sensor isn't accurate?

crimedog said:
he's just testing the block

damn those temps suck.... i wonder if it's because it's producing so much heat or because the temp sensor isn't accurate?

Those temps are awesome. I take it you don't have a 6800 Ultra. I have a 6800 GT with stock cooler that can go up to 82 degrees. I also have an Ultra that can hit 70. 51 load is amazing.

Your 9800 pro on the other hand produces much lower temps than any 6800 series videocards. I seriously hope you're not comparing your 9800 pro temps to his 6800 Ultra.

Temps might suck because it looks like you're using milk instead of water :D

I don't think its fully bled yet, less air gives better temps.

As far as I know my way around the 6800 line, those temps are respectable.
Once that foam clears, they should drop a bit too, so stay tuned.
That pump is mighty overkill for just a GPU block.
I hope you soon have more blocks to accomodate that beast pump and mother of a HC.
PS loose the purple fan holder and move the pump all the way under the drive cage, or,
have you considered spinning the pump 180°? I think then you can route the block>>pump line closer to the mobo and under the drive cage. Also your pump>>block line will make it around the vid card and the power cord can be routed out of a PCI-bracket.
just my 2cent

SenC

After a couple days of letting the system bleed out air bubbles, it looks a lot less like a milkcooling system. RTHDRIBL can't heat my 6800 GT up past 50C now. I don't really know how this compares to other watercooled GTs, anybody else have some results to compare?

I don't have my processor watercooled because I just don't think it will give me more of an overclock. I think 240 fsb is about the max my 12 cap northwood is going to go, on any cooling.

bled.jpg

no, the temps DO suck

the entire block is not the greatest of designs ever, uses a simple maze-chipset cut with the equiv of 6 elbows

how could that be great?

i get mid 40's temps with a zalman block, and no, it doesn't have any fins, ridges, flow impingement, nothing

just looks like a pipe

and i get within 5 degrees of that block

its gotta suck

i'm expecting a koolance block to beat this thing down any time now

e.g. the BFG ultra card that comes with the koolance

not to mention a swiftech mcw-50 averaging in the high 30's when idle blowing this thing just out of all the water it can get

its crap, stop playing the fanboy-ism with products you don't own and know you will not use

_

i've got a GT modded into an ultra, from my bios modding thread here, and its zalman watercooled

and from every person i've talked to with a mcw-50 on their 6800, anything they put up blows the DD away

_

Well, fafnir, my temps at 450 / 1200 are 43 C idle and 49 C after 30 minutes of RTHDRIBL. What kind of temps are other people getting? Posts some links.

Oh yeah, if anyone's interested in doom 3 performance, here are some numbers for ya.

timedemo demo1
1024x768 high quality, 4x AA, no vsync, everything else in the adv options ON

stock (370/1000)
run 1 - 56.1
run 2 - 64.8
run 3 - 64.4

overclocked (450/1200)
run 1 - 56.3
run 2 - 72.1
run 3 - 72.0

quicksilverXP said:
Those temps are awesome. I take it you don't have a 6800 Ultra. I have a 6800 GT with stock cooler that can go up to 82 degrees. I also have an Ultra that can hit 70. 51 load is amazing.

Your 9800 pro on the other hand produces much lower temps than any 6800 series videocards. I seriously hope you're not comparing your 9800 pro temps to his 6800 Ultra.

If you had a prescott processor and you got those temps, would you be satisfied?

Who cares what the stock cooling does. The idea of watercooling is to get as close to ambient as possible (especially when you're just running one waterblock, a HUGE pump, and a double heatercore with 140cfm going through it). As long as the block is good and the rad can handle the heat there's no reason those temps shouldn't be much more respectable. I have a feeling a modded maze4 would get better gpu temps.

If the video card waterblocks we have now aren't doing an adequate job, then new, bigger, ones should be made. That simple.

In *my* watercooling loop with *my* current setup and *my* current ambient temps (~30°C room temp) this waterblock keeps the GPU @7°C above my CPU temp. The GPU produces about 50W more than the CPU... and the GPU block is in the same loop as the NB block (overclocked NForce2). So that's less than 0.14°C/W According to my crappy sensors (the real thing should be around 0.12-0.13°C/W). Not too bad for a WB that cools down so many things.

runsalone- I don't know if video card temp readings are accurate or not. But it looks like you have a good overclock on the card and that's what really counts. :)

See sig. With my MCW50, unless I turn my fan speed down, my load temps never goes above 46C with an ambient of around 39C to 41C. So in short, with my block I rarely go 5C above ambient even under load to give you some kind of comparison to the DD WB.

I was considering getting that block but the price was way to much for my budget. $12.50 for the adapter for the MCW50 vs. $125 for a DD WB, the choice was pretty simple for me.

First the DD WB covers the RAM - which can be good in a low airflow situation

Then you don't tell *which* ambient you mean. If it's the "ambient" reported by the NVidia driver, it's flawed - for a room temp of 30°C i get about 44°C ambient...
Soo 44°C ambient, 52°C GPU temp, all this with an *undervolted* low speed fan, with a single heater core, and 3 waterblocks (GPU NB CPU).
I don't call that underperforming at all...

Back