• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Possible upgrade in memory?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

edwardaune

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I know you will :) ), but I was told that I could go up to pc3500 instead of the pc3200 that I have in there now. Is that right?

yeah you can. Your board may be only rated to run pc3200, but it can run pc3500, but why? At your overclock you aren't even to the stock fsb of the pc3200 you still have another 20fsb to go.

dicecca112 said:
yeah you can. Your board may be only rated to run pc3200, but it can run pc3500, but why? At your overclock you aren't even to the stock fsb of the pc3200 you still have another 20fsb to go.

Yea I thought about that. I am getting my SLK-900A this week and after I install it I plan on bumping up the FSB to get some more juice out of it. I was at 2.3GHz but it was getting very hot. (wish I had a mobile). I don't exactly understand what you mean when you say I have another 20fsb to go. Do you mean I only have 20MHz to go to equate to PC3500?

no I was saying why not see how high you can get on the pc3200 until you get new ram. The rated speed of pc3200 is 200. Or why not get a mobile instead. I can do 2.2 on a 1.6vcore and that is one 50mhz from what you have right now.

Well, the reason i dont get a new CPU is I want to do what I can with this one, keep it for a bit longer, then I'm going 64. You what they say about hindsight. I wish that I would have bought a mobile, but I wasnt that educated when I puchased the Barton that I have now. I just want to do a few more things to what I have now, chill with it for a few months (6-7) then get a whole new system then. I want to let the prices settle a little more on the 64bit stuff.

Back