• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it normal for cpu-z to report my ADATA pc4200 ram as just 512mb pc3200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
not sure if it is normal but mine does as well. it reported my corsair pc4000 as 3700, too. I have also heard of it being inaccurate for other people, but i have never heard an explaination.

It probably has something to do with the SPD settings (for lack of the correct term). CandymanCan, you probably have bt/ct-d43 chips which are ddr400 chips, and Adata did not have the SPD tables programmed to read as pc4200. veryhumid, you probably have overclocked pc3700 ICs and again Corsiar didn't adjust the SPD settings.

My RAM is pc3200 ICs, but it was sold as pc2700 and CPUz detects it as pc2700, so Crucial must have changed the SPD settings.

innnnnnteresting. I actually have serial presence detect ;) turned off to set the timings manually. does it still try to use that method to detect the speed even though i have the timings set manually?

veryhumid said:
not sure if it is normal but mine does as well. it reported my corsair pc4000 as 3700, too. I have also heard of it being inaccurate for other people, but i have never heard an explaination.

glad you posted this :clap: , I bought mine from someone who had just bought it from a shop then realised it didn't suit his system. I thought it was pc4000, cpuz reports it as pc3700 thought I had been duped at first :)

Back