• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GeiL Ultra-X RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeathAngelLST

http://www.geil.com.tw/portal/news06150204.php

Date: 6/15/2004

Being a global leader in the DDR memory manufacturers, GeIL always has new advanced products to be launched. GeIL will be proudly introducing its newest member among Ultra family, the Ultra-X Series. Extreme gamers and enthusiasts are expected celebrate with this latest release from GeIL.

This all in one product supports CAS 2 5-2-2 at PC3200 400MHz DDR and CAS 2.5 7-3-3 at PC4000 500MHz DDR. The Ultra-X achieves the most aggressive timing possible on the DDR memory ever! Moreover, random sample testing in GeIL labs shows these sticks are also capable of running with CAS 2.5 7-3-3 at least PC4000 500MHz! These latencies are significantly faster than all existing modules in the DDR memory market.

The Ultra-X series has been tested on multiple AMD and Intel platforms. With the GeIL optimized SPD timing, Ultra-X is the fastest DDR400 and DDR500 memory available in the market today.

Ultra-X Specifications:

¡P Available in 512MB and 1GB Dual Channel Kit
¡P PC3200 400MHz CAS 2 5-2-2
¡P PC4000 500MHz CAS 2.5 7 -3-3
¡P GeIL Ultra-X TSOP 32x8 DDR Chips
¡P 184pin, Non-ECC, Un-buffered DDR DIMM
¡P Platinum Copper Heatspreader
¡P 6 Layers Ultra Low Noises Shielded PCB with Gold 30u" Plating
¡P Temperature thermometers
¡P Retail package
¡P Life time warranty

For me, it sounds like a bunch of crap. Never seen any geil ram doing 2-2-2-5.

Geil they have their own ICs (dont they?). I bought one pair from newegg be4, and luckily Newegg let me return them without charge.

@ Diablo23RD
The only people I know of that make the actual ICs are Samsung, Winbond (not anymore:(), Micron, Mosel, Hynix, and Promos.

Back