• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Barbs! AHH!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Como

okay, i'm making a res of sorts.

On the outside, i need 2 barbs, an IN and an OUT

The wall of the res is flat.
Now, the pump is in the res, so one of the barbs needs to have a barb on the INSIDE too, to go to the pumps out.

I'd perferr a barb that will screw into the one on the outside with a seal of some sort for east of installation...like a 2 part male-male type deal, made for attatching pipes through a surface.

Where can i get one of these thats 1/2"ID or 3/4"OD

And similar to the outlet, the res intake i would like one that that will seal on the inside and the outside, but without a barb. I can get two of the other kind and cut off the barb if i have to...

Does anybody have any idea how i would get these barbs? i'm having hte hardest time.

man just go to Home Depot and look for what you have in mind... they have tons of fittings there. Even try to describe it to the guys there, they will point you to it, well most of the time :rolleyes:

Acurax said:
man just go to Home Depot and look for what you have in mind... they have tons of fittings there. Even try to describe it to the guys there, they will point you to it, well most of the time :rolleyes:

agree, i had trouble with res fittings, so i just ran to home depot and got exactly what i needed. the plumbing guys will help you out. what you need is a 1/2" ID male threaded union and two female 1/2" threaded barbs for each side. that'll do it. be sure not to break your res when you thread the union all the way in. and be sure to get some teflon tape to make the seal

my pump....well, the reason for me making a res to submerge the pump. it needs to be inside the res :)

i have to pass in applications today, io'll probly stop into home depot. And i have a prepaid card, tehy better take it. (no cash on hand, at all)

thanks everyone.

Oh, and its going ito the lid of a mason jar, dont think cracking will be an issue :)

and i have teflon tape from my pantball heavy modification days....good times.

Back