• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair 2700 XMS FSB Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Max Power

Registered
I am thinking the memory is what is holding me back in my overclock. System is in the signature. Everytime I raise the FSB above 168 the system will not boot. I have tried adjusting the vdimm, but it will not post when set to over 2.7 . Any changes to the timings that I try, and the system will not post either. So thus far all my overclocking has been done by the multiplier. Could the BIOS be an issue?

I'm not sure from your post if you have tried it or not, but if not, try lowering the multiplier to around 9 and then see how high a fsb you can reach. This will at least help clear up question as to whether your memory is the problem. With a low multiplier, your cpu should have no problems breaking 200 plus, so you will be able to find just how fast your ram will run.

By the way, what are the settings in your BIOS? Have you set all of the pertinent ones to their needed values? Go back and review these. If you don't get anywhere with changing the multiplier, come back and post your settings so that people can see them.

Turn the spd timings off, and set 2.5,3,3,x and see if that helps at all. Also switch the sticks over/move slots and see if that helps. Its not the best clocking ram in the world, have managed to get a stick up to 180fsb on 2.85v seems stable so far, thats crap comapred to the sammy 2700 in this rig tho, both sticks do 220+ fsb....

Thanks for the help. I was able to get the FSB up to 181 by swithing the timings to 2.5-3-3-11 and also switching the two memory module positions (other way around yielded a max of 179). This seems to be running things alot better. If I flashed to a new BIOS could I have a chance at hitting a higher FSB speed? Are there any other ways to do that?

Back