• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Getting the most out of my Adata PC4200 and the IC7-g

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC Noob

My CPU runs at 295 FSB with perfect stability, so I'd like to keep it there. Maybe 290 would be okay too. It won't boot fully at 290 though.

I have the stuff (2 x 512) running 295 FSB @ 5:4 = about 236 FSB and it will do Cas 2.5/7/4/4, but will not do even the Enhanced PAT setting. Even at the stock Cas 3/8/4/4 and 236 FSB it will not do the Enhanced PAT setting.

I disabled the last two PAT settings, what can I be doing wrong?

Any help squeezing more performance out of this ram would be appreciated. I was hoping for more.

ps what is GAT? I have seen it refered to, but don't see it in the bios.

pps my Corsair XMS PC3500 (2 x 256) wouldn't do the Enhanced PAT setting either and that was at about 195 FSB (295FSB @ 3:2 ratio). It wouldn't even post at 236 FSB (295 FSB @ 5:4) with any latency settings and all auto PAT. Its rated at 233 FSB, shouldn't it do better?

Am I nuts or is there something wrong with the way my ram is acting on this board?

Thanks.

that kind of ram acts best at 1-1. as u near 300 at 5/4, this mb has a tendency to be unstable. also i discovered pat/gat (timing enhancement) can affect ur overclock,sometimes u must turn it down or off. also this ram is designed to run at 266, so if u use it at 5/4 u are sacrificing bw cause it wont run tighter timings that u need for 5/4 overclocking

Wow, I wonder if I could get closer to 295 FSB with 3.0+ volts.

I'll have to set it to 1:1 like you advised.

Are PAT/GAT the 5 different settings (forget the names) or are those just PAT settings? If so, where are the GAT settings?

Thanks for the help.

My same rig with a 2.4C M0 was only 100% stable to 284fsb, but was memtestable at 292 so I'm assuming it was processor limited. My albatron board overvolts the ram slightly, so it was running 2.85 in bios but 2.98 in real life. But getting that kind of clock out of a pair of 512's is the exception, not the norm.

Those kinds of speeds often require more luck than anything. So good luck :)

Back