• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xp-120, too big for AI7?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I looked into this as I have an AI7. The XP120 will not fit. My guess is the 45º angle of the socket. The XP120 clips to the socket and doesn't use the stock mounts or the holes. Too bad, I really wanted it for my Prescott.

There is a review over at short-media and they have a list of some of the boards it fits on and doesnt. AI7 doesnt fit, northbridge heatsink on one side and capacitors on the other.

pntgrd said:
I looked into this as I have an AI7. The XP120 will not fit. My guess is the 45º angle of the socket. The XP120 clips to the socket and doesn't use the stock mounts or the holes. Too bad, I really wanted it for my Prescott.
No it clips into the P4 bracket, only socket a's attach to the actuall socket and the xp120 wont work on them.

No it clips into the P4 bracket
I must have misunderstood the review I read. That didn't make sense to me to use the socket clips anyway. Thanks for setting me straight. And it's still too bad it won't fit.

Pntgrd said:
I must have misunderstood the review I read. That didn't make sense to me to use the socket clips anyway. Thanks for setting me straight. And it's still too bad it won't fit.
Thats cool. Yea I have an AI7 also and would have loved to tried this out on it. OH well thats just $50 I can put to a water setup for it
;)

we can swtich Nb cooler to smaller one,
but the capacitors... not even banding slight wont work?
damn it, I just got AI7... looks like next best thing that works is P4P800

Back