• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ Dual Channel 2X1024MB DDR PC3200... 3-3-3-7.. opinions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It depends on if you are running an AMD or Intel system. While tight timings help with an Intel they are not as crucial as they are for an AMD system. For an Intel system the OCZ with 3,3,3 timings would be fine but being that you are looking at the performance class from what the pic shows the overclock may not be good at all. I have seen very little on the new 2,2,2 class memory so I can't say how far it will o/c though.

To get the best of both worlds if you can find somewhere that still stocks the 2x1024 kit of OCZ EB you can't go wrong. They have great timings and have been overclocking really well. Or you could settle for 1024 total memory, it will be fine for some time to come and the overclock will be better in most cases.

I'm going for the MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum, but it isn't out yet. I use that as a placeholder, price-wise. Those aren't the exact specs. Computer upgrade is coming in September.

I guess I might as well go with this ram... I wonder how it will overclock at 3-3-3-7?

Back