• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IE windows update trouble...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DaMobster

Alright so I reformatted my computer for best results, and now whenever I do windows update it downloads it at the usually speed, but it literally takes 30 minutes to install even the smallest file... any one know the reason why that would be? thanks...

Do you already have SP2? Cause I haven't had to use windows update since I installed SP2. But maybe there is a problem now with Windows Update, or maybe Windows update is swamped with people preparing for SP2? Just some thoughts.

i had that problem before witht he old update system, it downloads the file and then just sites there. what u can do is, download the file once it says Installing just hit cancel. go to ur windows explorer and find WuTemp the updates will be in there run them manually install, reboot and then go try the windows update now thats how it fixed it for me i ran some fixes manually and it worked again.

Back