• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A64 mobos w/ 4-hole mounting?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Illah

I'm just now getting the bug to upgrade after almost a year of a high performance machine. So, with the A64 looking to be my next choice, I want to know if my exisiting block (SlitEdge) will still fit. After a quick sampling of mobos I didn't see the usual 4-hole mounting...am I just missing something?

--Illah

yeah, the a64's use a different 2 hole mounting system, might wanna try an adapter for the block, though i'd doubt within resonable effort it can't be done

a new a64 waterblock is ~$40 these days

_

Im not sure what kind of block that is, but it would be pretty simple to make an adapter. Just get a steel plate and drill holes for the barbs and for the two holes for the mounting screws.

I don't have the tools to be drilling a steel plate... Do you think wood would be effective? I imagine I'd have to use a hardwood. I'm just afraid of it flexing over time. What about 1/2" plexiglass or something to that effect?

--Illah

Cool, simple enough! Sucks that I have to work though. Anyone wanna hook me up for $15? PM me and I can send you dimentions and whatnot.

--Illah

Back