• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

distilled water

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lakin

Registered
Where do you other British guys get your distilled water? The guides seem to recommend supermarkets, but neither Tesco or Sainsburys sell distilled. A quick google shows a mailing list post recommendiing safeway, but id rather not waste a trip to safeway if they dont. An online store comes up too, but that sells 4L for £15, seems a bit expensive.

Paul

I just use de-ionised, from Halfords or anywhere like it. With a little additive added, it doesn’t try to leach ions from the cooling system anyway, so is safe enough.

hahah destilled water in britain.

after 6 supermarkets and 4 hardware stored I gave up and bought de-ionized water from halfords too.

I dont know any other country where it is so dam difficult to get destilled water from.

if anyone in the UK ever finds any let me know.

PS I live in london and I went to loads of places.

A distiller for home isn't too expensive, thats always an option. My gf used to use one occasionally for drinking water. Just a small potlike thing which boils the water and lets it recondense into another resevoir. :)

Could just use tap with a filter... I know this is what Cathar does, and he watchs for gooeys and the like. Depends on what your water is like where you are located though too.

I see. I have some swiftech hydrx, and the bottle says for distilled water the mix ratio should be 2 fl. oz [2 US fl oz = 59.1 ml] to 1l water. Would the same be good for deionized, or would i need more to make the deionized safe?

Paul

Deionized isn't a problem really... It will reionize quickly, and you would use the same proportions as with distilled.

You Can't get distilled in england. I belive it is due to some EU law saying that drinking water needs a minimum amount of vitmins and minerals in it

Back