• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling system flush ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diehrd

Senior SMP Gawd
Just curious how people have gone about flushing there system and making sure it is clear of any foregin matter ?

Way too far :) Nooo seriously no. Great lengths, though. I'm now considering including a flush device in my next system, in addition to the airtrap/reservoir. Because i've spent HOURS flushing, filling, etc, my current system. I have cloudy tubes and any new tubing i put in clouds in a matter of days :bang head and i tried various additives, now using green antifreeze...

I use reverse osmosis water - very pure H20- and flush it every 6 months; there is never any debris in it though... I do it as a precaution. As for how: I built a pvc Res fit outside the back of my case with a cap to add water and a tap at the bottom to drain: it couldn't be easier or faster for both operations.

I'm working on getting my system setup, however, when I do get it setup, I think I'll do it like this.

6 months-Flush system with new water and additive
12 months-Either upgrade components or open components and clean, then flush system and replace tubing if clouded.

Those little spigots that you throw in-line in your system look like they work very well. Just attach that thing to it, when you need to empty the system you just turn the spigot a bit.

Regarding those spigots, be sure to over-size it so the inside diameter is the same as the ID of your tubing. Don't worry about fitting your tubing over them if it seems too big; just dip the tube end in boiling water for a few seconds or so and then work it over the barb. You want as highest priority to eliminate any source of flow-loss you have control over, restrictions like 90° bends, narrow barbs, etc.

Back