• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do i get rid of Security Center in SP2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fartem

Yeah its bugging the crap outa me when i start up the computer and everything. How do i get rid of it? Thank you all

I think to get ride of it you need to make it happy. Otherwise not have some security warning. If anything is in the red on it then it is unhappy and will be there. If you get everything to yellow or green it just goes away. (nortain will need a live update before it can been seen by the security center)

That and just set it to hide the icon so you dont have to see it

Timelessblur said:
I think to get ride of it you need to make it happy. Otherwise not have some security warning. If anything is in the red on it then it is unhappy and will be there. If you get everything to yellow or green it just goes away. (nortain will need a live update before it can been seen by the security center)

That and just set it to hide the icon so you dont have to see it

Bleh i dont wanna turn on Automatic updates... Thats like Spyware lol.

Edit: get xp antispy if you wanna get rid of it. Works like a charm

Last edited:
Just set it to tell you when the updates come out and then it shuts up. I dont like it downloading and installing updates for me. I do like to know when they come out though. Just get it to yellow and it will shut up

hey I found it.
Go into the windows Securty and then there is a link thing on the side that says
Change the way Securty Center alerts me and you can just uncheck/check the stuff you want to be alert on or not alert on

Security Center runs as a service.

"Start" > "Run" > type "services.msc" and enter

Find Security Center service. Hit "properties" and then "Stop". If you don't want it back on again, change from "automatic" to "disabled."

Security Center gone forever until you re-enable it.

You guys ... i found out how to do it .. if you read my second post.. XP anti SPy helps.. anyways thnx

that one way to do it. I like the way to do it. If you run notrain it only says everything is good weather or not autoprotect is on or off. If the firewall is up or down. Nortain tell it that everything is good. (Nortain keeps it self equipited and hiden from other programs on the computer at all times it just tells XP that everything is good.)

if you're interested in doing registry hacks... copy and paste what I am about to write below into notepad and save it as a .reg file. Double click the reg file and this will be added to the registry. It will disable the security center after a reboot. (from http://unattended.msfn.org/xp/sp2changes.htm)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

;Disable Security Center
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\wscsvc]
"Start"=dword:00000004

Some more interesting reg hacks... from the same place:
(Copy into notepad and save the file with a .reg extension)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

;Disable Anti-virus Notifications
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center]
"AntiVirusDisableNotify"=dword:00000001

;Disable Firewall Notifications
"FirewallDisableNotify"=dword:00000001

;Disable Automatic Updates Notifications
"UpdatesDisableNotify"=dword:00000001

;Override Antivirus Monitoring