• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First Gig - Thanks OCFORUMS!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

billiam

First Gig(still in progress) - 56k beware

This is my first watercooling rig. This is the setup thus far: (just waiting on some metric barbs, then im done. This is my first time using a dremel. My reaction when i first used it was, wtf, why is the blade shortening. Everything turned out well. I was able to cut the case fine, and cut the window on the side of the case. I used some silicone to glue it on.

DD4
TDX
Airplex EVO 120
Innovatek Reservoir
Coolermaster WaveMaster
AI7
3.0C
2x512 Adata PC4200
Fortron 520W PSU

Things i have done

Pictures will be updated on friday, as i cannot do anything until the barbs come in.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 1,054
Last edited:
I lost 2 bays. I modded other stuff, such as added a stealth NEC 2100A dvd burner, i think thats the model? I did that so it doesnt look bad being 2 bays down.

Anyone know where i can buy DVD-RW see thru stickers?

Will not that Innovatek res seriously restrict flow? It hass 1/4 fittings if i remember correctly.

em00guy said:
Will not that Innovatek res seriously restrict flow? It hass 1/4 fittings if i remember correctly.

It doesnt. I removed the fitting, which when you remove it is a big hole, about 1/2 inch. You then screw in a new fitting to make it 3/8th. Innovatek offers 3/8 and 1/2 fitting, and i dont see any restrictions. Ill take pictures of it this saturday if you wish.

Theres absolutely no conversion from 1/4 to 3/8 if that better answers yoru question. Its a pure 3/8th fitting.

WejRepus said:
you mean like a decal to put on the stealth drive?

What i did was that i took the original bay front, took my dremel and cut around the edge. Then i use double sided industrial tape to tape that to the cd drawer.

billiam said:
It doesnt. I removed the fitting, which when you remove it is a big hole, about 1/2 inch. You then screw in a new fitting to make it 3/8th. Innovatek offers 3/8 and 1/2 fitting, and i dont see any restrictions. Ill take pictures of it this saturday if you wish.

Theres absolutely no conversion from 1/4 to 3/8 if that better answers yoru question. Its a pure 3/8th fitting.

wow thats excellent. Please post pics. I'd get one but i protest paying $70 for a res.

I suggest that you purchase yours at SNT-Systems.com and get the aqua-computer one. I went through too much hassle buying it from frozencpu.com. With snt-systems, they come with the proper fitting. I ended up paying 85 bucks for it. If you buy it at snt-systems, the reservoir will end up costing you just 10 dollars more, which is worth it. I will never purchase from frozencpu again :/

I just got my Craftsman Dremel today in the mail. I'm still figuring out how to attach various bits etc. I also need to get a mask so I'm not breathing in shards of steel and aluminum, but it'll be my first time modding a case and using a dremel. Hell, aside from a Black and Decker screwdriver, this'll be the first time I've ever used a powertool, heh. (Luckily, I've got two old Enlight ATX cases which will will be my first 'victims')

billiam said:
I will never purchase from frozencpu again :/

Ordered couple of fittings and adaptors from them 3 weeks ago. Their website says it was shipped on 7/20. Haven't received anything. I then called and they told me they would resend it. That was a week ago. They just lost another customer.

Here is the thing, if you bought the fitting, it DOES NOT COME WITH THE BARB. If you bought innovatek products, this uses metric threading, so you have to order the barbs online. I told the guy, Dan, from SNT Systems about how Frozencpu ripped me off, and he is sending me free barbs (20$ value after shipping). This is why i mention this company so much. Its been great technical support. Frozencpu said that it came with everything, barb and fitting.

Using a dremel was really easy. Make sure that you buy a sanding kit as well, i used 60 grit, which worked very well on sanding aluminum. I suggest that you follow the lines and cut, dont give add a lot of space because sanding only grinds about 1/16 of an inch off. I found that out the hardway, because i was scared that i might overcut. I used about 3 blades to cut a circle reservoir, about 4 blades to cut a hole for the radiator, and about 5 blades to cut the window. Buy the sanding kit for a dremel, not a drill. Remember that when you sand with a dremel, you tend to slip a lot. Overall, it took me about 1 hour to mod my case.

I will add new pictures in about 4 hours. Still waiting for the barbs.

Attachments

• Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 572
  • Picture 012.jpg
    Picture 012.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 423
Last edited:
Updated Pics

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 398
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 564
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 450
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 399
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 478
nice case

- but unfortunatly it seems TOO MANY people are now using that resevoir? case - the first i saw it was wioth a Lian -Li case on here - now everyone wants it and has it :(

Well, i doubt a lot of people uses that reservoir. It came out a few weeks ago, and its the copy of the aqua computer reservoir. But whats wrong with copying? I believe in looking at people's modifications, decide which ones you like, and set a goal to complete it. I got this from looking at the Zen Tsunami Master. I used his radiator and his reservoir, but decided to use 3/8 tubing and other accessories.

Mr.Guvernment said:
nice case

- but unfortunatly it seems TOO MANY people are now using that resevoir? case - the first i saw it was wioth a Lian -Li case on here - now everyone wants it and has it :(

Yeah I remember seeing it on a Lian Li, but back then you could only order it in Germany! I kept an eye on it and it deserves to be popular, so why not get it? I think it looks sweet on aluminum cases, if I were to mod my Lian Li with it I would put one in the 3 1/2" bays, fo sho.

WC system looks good so far billiam, I bet it's a sweet system...

The guy at from SNT is at quakecom, so i cant recieve the stuff until he comes back. I start college on aug 26th, this stuff is suppose to come in on wednesday. IM PUSHING IT. If something fails, then im screwed, because i removed the bracket on my motherboard for the stock heatsink. Im worried right now :\

Everything is up. Pictures will be added sunday. I have a question though, my idle temperature is 37 degrees. Isnt this a little too high for my setup?

Back