• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Memory Question on synchronous.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lefty24

Registered
Well for my first computer I ever built I went w/ AMD but I wouldn't say I'm an AMD fan freak. I'm very pleased w/them but heres my strategy. If you have the money (which I didn't) go w/ Intel. If you don't, go with AMD and they will be almost the same. But heres the question. I know is supposed to be better for memory to run on synchronous so if u have a AMD 2500+ and PC2700 that will work more efficiently. So the 2500+ bus is 166 and 2700= 166. So how does intel's 800mhz run effiently w/ the common type of ddr400 or pc3200. The only solution I can think of is that AMD CPU w/ AMD MOBO works better w/ synchronous. But INTEL CPU w/ INTEL MOBO doesn't need to be running synchronous and performs well with both ways. So if anyone could give me some info on this.

yes u are correct.intel's 875/865 chipset performs well with 5/4 memory ratios. it also can run real hi at 1-1. it doesnt need real tight timings to perform efficiently either.timings like 2-3-2-5 and 2.5-3-2-5 performs just about as good as 2-2-2-5.with these chipsets.

Back