• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do I restore a SATA drive with Drive Image 7??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rUfUnKy

How do I restore a SATA drive with Drive Image 7?? Drive Image loads before the SATA drivers ,therefore the drive is not recognized. Is there a simple solution to this? Maybe a different software that supports SATA?? :confused:

WOW, I can't believe no one here knows how restore a Drive Image back up image on a SATA drive (nudge nudge). Come on guys :p!

I would probably say it requires different software which has the nesscary drivers built in, but I honestly don't know since I've never used SATA drives or Drive Image :(.

JigPu

JigPu said:
I would probably say it requires different software which has the nesscary drivers built in, but I honestly don't know since I've never used SATA drives or Drive Image :(.

JigPu
Well thanks for the reply JigPu, I was starting to think I was being shunned :D .. If anyone knows of any other software that maybe has the sata drivers some how built in. IM ALL EARS.....

Drive Image gives you the option to load various drivers when you set up the disks, right? Right. So why don't you set up some unused drivers (SCSI or something), and then replace their info with the SATA drivers and info? I think it would work.

Audioaficionado said:
Maybe Norton Ghost will. There's a new version about to come out.

Which version is currently the highest do you know? Cause I want to backup my raid config system and someone told me I could do it with Ghost 7. I have Ghost 2003 so how do these versions relate to each other?

I just googled for it and went to the site. You can buy the old 2003 or pre-buy the newest release.

JoT said:
Drive Image gives you the option to load various drivers when you set up the disks, right?

JoT, I'm not sure what you meen by this.

Back