• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Automatic disable services?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thalzaar24

So i've been using blackviper's website to disable services i don't need, but each time I re-install xp or 2000, i have to go back and go through the big list again. My question is, has anyone came up with a program or some tutorial to create a batch file or whatever, that will let you choose the services you want to disable and be able to run that when you need? i've come across 2 or 3 individual programs that you click to run and it automatically disables a service. Just curious if anyone has any information :)

I'm gonna re-install xp with SP2 integrated maybe this weekend, and don't wanna have to sit all day re-configuring if I don't have too :)

Thanks for the heads up. Ya, i musta just missed viper's update to his site, hehe. I did find a walkthrough to slipstream SP2 with my win xp disc, but i appreciate the link.

Thanks for the reply! :)

EDIT - WOW, I can't believe i missed the make your own service disabler section on his website. That was EXACTLY what i was lookin for. Thanks again

Better yet, after a new install, install drivers, make your configurations, install your office suite and other basic essentials, then create an image.

Instead of reinstalling, reimage. It's much faster and doesn't require any input to finish. ;)

Ya, i'm also lookin for a good imaging software, but not sure i wanna drop down the cash for one. Anyone have any info for a good and fairly cheap (free would rule :)) imaging software?

Back