• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which whitewater is better?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wfarid

Is Cathar's own white water better or is d-tek's white water better, or are they just all the same thing?

Cathar's is way better, the craftsmanship on it is so much better than the Dtek WW. I originally had a Dtek WW, and it was an absolute POS. The base was so convex, I had to sand it for 4 hours to get it flat. Then, once I started leak testing it, I found that two of the barbs had leaks and the top wasn't all the way tightened down. I've been told they have improved their quality a lot since the first blocks came out, but three times I bought stuff from them and it either leaked or was defective in some way. So you take your chances. Problem is, it's really hard to find an original WW anymore.

BigAl, did you mean you bought the ww 3 times? If so, poor you. The new ww's should be of better quality. Dtek is very cool about replacing defective parts anyway.

Anyway, use this to compare the lrww vs dtek ww. Little to no difference depending on your pump and loop.

No no no, I bought a WW for myself , when it was $65 no less, and it was as I described in my previous post. I then built a water cooled system for my cousin and decided I'd give them a second chance, big mistake. The TC-4 they sent me leaked like faucet, I had to pull both the fittings out and seal the threads with RTV to make it stop leaking. Then, I had also bought the rad and shroud from them too, when I went to test it, it leaked around the fittings on it too. Not to mention the fins were all bent up on it. So, as you can see, I haven't had a real good track record with DTEK. I know the newer blocks are supposed to be much better, but I think we all know the quality of Cathar's work is second to none. Even if there is little or no difference in performance, I'd still take an original LRWW any day.

Back