• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingston HyperX 2700

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

saltytheseagull

I was curious if anybody was/is able to o/c this ram to 3200. If so what voltage and timings. I've got a gig myself and was curious if was possible. Thanks.

Salty

The link below is to a review done in early 2003 on several brands, including the KHX PC2700, which they were able to run at 210 using 2-2-2-5 at 2.7v and 221 at more relaxed timings (2-3-3-6),therefore, I would say that PC3200 is well within your reach. There are several links around the forums to listings of ram with Winbond chips, and according to those, at least the early versions of this ram had the bh-6 chips. If it is old stock and still ships with Winbond, then it should clock even higher with add'l voltage.

This stuff was on sale recently at both newegg and zipzoomfly (for just under $190/gig in a 2 x 512 kit) and I ended up cancelling an order at each site, just before placing it. I kinda wished I had gone ahead and placed at least one of them. I would be real intereted in hearing how it works out for you.

http://www.digital-daily.com/cpu/overclockers-memory-2003/

violineb said:
Depending on how old it is it could be anything. My 256mb sticks purchased May 2003 are BH5 and do 237-240 at 3.1v- 2-2-2-5

Let us know how your gig does.

That was a sweet buy. Nice sticks.

I have heard some people state that it now ships with Samsung ICs, but I've never seen any of these claims substantiated with pic of sticks w/o heatspreaders. In my opinion, these are probably very similar to the KHX PC3000, unknown/untapped sources of bh-6 (maybe even bh-5 like yours) that everyone overlooks because of that PC2700 label.

I really regret now having bought a gig of those a couple of days ago when they were on sale for $188 at newegg. Now, it is still a good buy, I think at around $220, it is just the principle of another $32 (15%) for the same thing. I'm bad about that.

I couldn't really do much. I was able to boot at 210, but the system locked while running prime. Do you think a memory upgrade would be worth it? I'd like to get some 2225 3200, but I don't want to spend more than $250.

What would you be putting this ram in? And if you can go to $300, I believe that will buy you some of the new Samsung IC based low latency ram from Corsair that runs 2-2-2-5.

I'm still curious about your PC2700 and what kind of voltages and timings you used. If this ram is bh-6 based, it needs voltage before it will shine.

saltytheseagull said:
I tried 210 at 2.9v 4448 or somthing close to that.

Did you try this will high voltages and CAS set to 2 or 2.5? It has always been my understanding that Winbond chips don't do well at CAS of 3. So if it is winbond bh-6, then a high CAS setting could be part of your problem. I would just hate for you to give up on this ram without fully exhausting your options.

I've also been curious as to how long you have had it and where did you buy it, if a recent purchase?

Last edited:
Salty,

You never answer what board you are putting this in. I have a pair of 512 sticks I bought as refurbs from Newegg for $169 + $1 s&h. Running on a PC-DL @166 2-2-2-5-1, 40 hours of running memtest86. I can't hit 200FSB until I vmod my LV 1.6 Xeon CPUs.

I've got an asus a7n8x e. Sorry for that i never replied. I was curious if anyone knew the labels on these:
KHX2700k2/1g
9905200-021.A02 K2
1337835 2.5V.
Thanking everyone in advance.

Looks like the normal labels. I'm not sure how to read them.

I've done the volt- mod to my Xeons, but 200FSB is still a no-go even with slack settings. I'm going to have to vDIMM mod my PC-DL to increase voltage to the memory.

Also, has anyone pulled the heat spreader off and how? I tried but it's on there tight, and I don't want to obviously void the warrenty. Tips?

I'm priming one stick now at 200 and it's going great. I forget the timings but i know its at 2.9v. I tried taking the heat spreaders off to but did want to mess them up, so I gave up. The clips are really hard to get off.

Back