• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

winipcfg.exe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
go to run under start menu, then type cmd and press enter.
after you are in command prompt(shell) you can type "ipconfig/all" it will display all info about ur ip stuff.

I use winipcfg all the time on all the 2000 boxes at work. Its part of the image for every pc we deploy. I didnt make any of the images but I'm assuming that who ever did downloaded it and installed it.

IMOG said:
Please remember your manners everyone, try not to threadjack. I am always available during the day on AIM, and welcome IM's, and I check my PMs at all hours of the day. ;)

An age poll has already been done:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=86144&highlight=age+poll

And here is another thread on teh matter in the folding forum:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=311118&highlight=age+poll

thankx for the link. i guess people here are kinda young , i am 20 btw :D .

IMOG said:
It is available in 9x, me, 2k, and xp.... Dunno other than that. Dunno when winipcfg ended exactly.
Thanks everyone:)
I see I can also look in start, control panel, networks and internet connections, network connections, Local Area connections, support, details.
This also shows physical address.
Is this the same as mac add?

lclark2074 said:
Thanks everyone:)
I see I can also look in start, control panel, networks and internet connections, network connections, Local Area connections, support, details.
This also shows physical address.
Is this the same as mac add?
Yes it is. That shows the same information as ipconfig and WNTIPCFG. ipconfig and WNTIPCFG have the advantage that they can also release/renew IP addresses. An example of how this can be useful is when I was troubleshooting my cable modem with the cable company. They would only do so if I disconnected my router and made a direct connection to the computer. I used WNTIPCFG to release the computer's IP address and get a new one from the ISP. With the router connected, the computer got the IP address from it and the router gots its IP address from the ISP.

alien dork said:
you mean WINIPCFG?
No. ipconfig and WNTIPCFG are the correct two programs you can use for Windows 2000 and XP. WNTIPCFG is the graphical version of ipconfig.

Once installed WNTIPCFG is located here: C:\Program Files\Resource Kit\WNTIPCFG.EXE

Back