• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC3500 EB results on K8N Neo Platinum, 3200+ NewCastle

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trvtec

Registered
PC3500 EB results on K8N Neo Platinum, 3200+ NewCastle *updated*

PC3500 EB 2 x 512

Well, I've only got 2.85 vdimm to play with but this memory is some really strong stuff. I had it memtest stable at 266 FSB, but the BIOS setting was "Auto" and not "max speed = 200" so, from my understanding, the mobo was actually using a divider and I wasn't seeing a true 266 speed. Sooooo...

I've got it running at 252 x 9 1:1 3-3-3-8, prime and memtest stable. The chip doesn't seem to like more than 2.27G no matter how much voltage I feed it, so I think i'm capped out there. Regardless, it feels like a great step up from my 2600M @ 2.4 (12 x 200) and the benches reflect that. I'm gonna keep playing with it, hopefully the chip will settle in and allow a 2.3+ overclock, but even if I stay where I'm at now, I should be alright. So, there ya have it, OCZ PC3500EB gets two thumbs up from me.

Todd.

Last edited:
Very nice RAM !! I love that EB. Congrats.

On another note related to the forum, but not the topic, have you tried disabling or changing all settings that could affect your overclock? See Gautam, Candyman and Hitechjb1's threads... hope this helps you get more out of her..

good luck..

Um, I've got SATA 1/2 disabled (my raptor is plugged into sata 3), AC 97, onboard firewire all disabled. AGP set to 67, command is 2T (what is the deal with NewCastles and 1T timing, i get confused). She'll pass MemTest at 259 FSB, but prime doesn't like that so much. I think it's just the board and as soon as word is out that the DFI board is released, I'll be replacing my K8N with the DFI LP 754. Thanks for the suggestions, Todd.

Well, new improvements have been found. I took it down to 235Mhz FSB (still 2.85v) and am now running at 1T (for double sided sticks 2 x 512 on a K8N!), and am running much tighter timings - 3-2-2-2-5-12-15 and she's prime stable at 6 hours so far (stopped the test to play some games). 3DMark01 is up to 21500 (from 20200), Sandra MemBench is at 3507MB/s, SuperPi is at 38s for 1M places, and my Prime95 Bench is under 20s for the first time ever on a system I've owned (19.65ms). I love using the Prime bench because it is very sensitive to CPU speed and FSB speed. When it improves, I know the machine is running faster. HTH anyone looking to buy 3500EB - DO IT! EV.

my friend is running that exact same system with 2x 512 of kingston

@ 218 fsb and 2.4 ghz clock for the chip,

that with an x800, and he's at 24500 in 01.

when you set it to "max= 200" doesnt it cap it at 200? i would take that off. run auto

No sir, "200" is just a front for a 1:1 divider. Think of it as x/200 where X is the number that shows up in that BIOS setting. Therefore 200/200 = 1:1, 166/200 = 5/6, and so on. I'm sure I could get a similar score out of an X800 and my system the way it is, that thing has to add a ton to the Nature FPS which is basically the only vid-card dependent test in that bench anymore. As far as 9800 Pro's go, 22K isn't so bad of a score. Tell your friend nice going though! Todd.

Back