• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem installing IDE card.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

verbatim

I was using a generic silicon images 6800 ultra-133 ide card (cheapy) in my computer this morn. I moved my computer to a new case and moved that card as well.

Now I cant get it working again. It dosent get reconised by a hardware scan in control pannel and the driver disk I got with it, as well as the new downloaded drivers arnt executable. (gotta point to em in found new hardware wizzard) I tried it in old slot as well. No diff.

If I go c.pannel/add hardw./yes connected/add a new hardware device/install auto. Then browse to scsi devices and I can find it in there then point to the driver but after its installed there is a message saying "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

I have no idea how to get it back. Please help as all my storage drives are on it.

Did you follow adequate electrostatic discharge routines when you moved all the components? e.g. grounding yourself on the PC case before touching components?

LOL, I followed my standard electrostatic measures. I did the rebuild on carpet, on the floor, sliding around in a tracksuit + ugh boots :) Never had a problem in years of replacing parts.....

Go to the device manager and REMOVE the device..Then windows may detect it and ask for the drivers.

Yes but uninstall it from the device manager.This will force windows to see it.Then reboot and try to reinstall.

I didnt know u could uninstall from anywhere else!? Oh well I will try it againwhen I need to reboot.
To be honest I'm not too woried as the case I just put my stuff into has 12 hdd bays!! I just need it ATM so i can watch my movies which are on there.
I'm looking for a SATA card with a heap of connectors (6 at least) and possibly one PATA port as well...
Know of any good ones??

Back