• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[HELP] FireFox - and links in emails

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr.Guvernment

Hey all

okay, so i got firefox installed and i often get emails with links in them - when i click the link - it opens the link with FireFox and would then also ask me what i would like to open the link with (a windows explorer window to choose the exe program to use)

When i choose for it to open with FireFox - now when i click on links in emails - it opens 2 browser windows.....

Anyone know how to fix this?

I had the same problem :).
It vanished after reinstalling windows.
Never got this problem again. You're using the most actual version of firefox?
I wish I could provide more help, because this problem is very annoying..

Do you have firefox set as the default browser? And is there a setting in the options of your email program where you can set the default browser to use when opening a link??

DWolf:cool:

I had this same problem with ThunderBird as my mail client, and FireFox .9.2 as my browser. Recently reinstalled when I switched from AMD to Intel rig, and with ThunderBird + FF .9.3 this doesn't happen any more.

Maybe upgrade to .9.3?

Back