• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IS this good RAM?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you dont want to read the whole thread...just pass on this memory because it is very bad ram. I remember when this was being talked about and the ram didnt run at spec speeds or anywhere close toi it for that matter.

Just get some OCZ and you will feel alot better at the end of the day.

Xstatic said:
If you dont want to read the whole thread...just pass on this memory because it is very bad ram. I remember when this was being talked about and the ram didnt run at spec speeds or anywhere close toi it for that matter.

Just get some OCZ and you will feel alot better at the end of the day.

from what i just read it seems like its very decent ram :rolleyes:

for the patriots ram, it's either hit or miss. some ppl claims to have great results, but others didn't even get spec speed.

it's like buying a lottery, do i have the winning ticket on my hand?!?! :p

WELCOME TO THE FORUM

Can you list your computer specs first, so that we can find ram that will work best for your setup. Intel or Amd?

if you looking for cheap rams, kingston valueram might be a good choice. my pair 256mbs can do 245mhz @ 2.5-3-3-11 timing. even tho they can't do timing of 2-2-2-5 but they only cost around 90. you also get a chance to score a mT -5BC which might be the next best thing to BH chips.

I'm going to go ahead and buy this ram plus a 9600xt, tho I missed the 1GB kingston deal earlier this week :( . I will tell what results I get! Since I'm building a cheap computer for my cubicle a cheap set of ram goes along fine with a cheap ecs/amd L7S7A2/XP2700 combo stuffed in an old dell 4100 case.

axegrinderbill said:
from what i just read it seems like its very decent ram :rolleyes:

Actually most of the people got ram that wouldnt even run at spec's. So a few rma'd it and talked to the RMA Tech and got him to test the ram for them so thyey knew they were getting working sticks. Most of the people didnt get what the wanted. Altho it is cheeper ram its not worth it to take a chance.

And from what I am hearing the ram has no chance of haveing any BH-5, BH-6, CH-6 chips in them.

AS was said earlier, if your looking for cheep ram that will have a chance to run good...try kingston value.

Installed it onto an AXP2700+/Shuttle AN35N-Ultra and it runs just fine at 200MHz fsb. User PotatoDude (roommate) also bought this and it runs fine on a A643200+/MSI NeoPlat as well.

Back