• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftech H2O-22600-B Liquid Cooling Kit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JPetrillo

Anyone here ever used the Swiftech H2O-22600-B Liquid Cooling Kit?

$154.99 is pretty cheap... for all I know it could be one of the worst though! :p So I just wanted to see if anyone here as ever used it, if so would you recommend it to a water cooling 1st timmer just looking for a performance increase over air? Thanks.

Okay, and yeah you're right, I forgot you have to pick and add the waterblock :p It looks pretty simple, the only thing is when I actually do this I might want to cool the vid. card as well... This kit is CPU only. And the tubing is 1/2" Im not sure what the biggest tubing is that you guys use, but I like the tubing that looks really fat :DNot the skinny stuff :p

newegg has same kit for $15-20 cheaper. Check it out if you were going to get this kit. Additionally, this kit uses 3/8 tubing if I'm not mistaken.

If its 3/8 tubing, i would stick to that. 3/8 and 1/2 is just a matter of a few degrees (.5-1 c) if you have a good pump.

Yes, but the bigger tubing looks awesome! :D haha

But like I said, when I decide to do this I'm *probably* going to want to cool the vid. card too, this kit is only for CPU, so I'll probably look for a different one... it is a decient kit though if I dont decide to cool the vid. card?

Thank you! :)

JPetrillo said:
Yes, but the bigger tubing looks awesome! :D haha

But like I said, when I decide to do this I'm *probably* going to want to cool the vid. card too, this kit is only for CPU, so I'll probably look for a different one... it is a decient kit though if I dont decide to cool the vid. card?

Thank you! :)

inthat case, you are better off buying components and do it yourself. If you don't go fancy, price range probably about $180-200 including cpu+gpu blocks.

JPetrillo said:
Anyone here ever used the Swiftech H2O-22600-B Liquid Cooling Kit?

$154.99 is pretty cheap...

I disagree. $200 for a kit that will only cool the cpu isn't cheap.

The best thing about the kit is the pump which can be bought seperately for $80. The radiator in the kit is OK performance wise (not great, about the same as a chevette heatercore) and is a pain to mount unless you have a huge case. Go to the swiftnets.com website and look at the instructions for that kit then tell me that rad is easy to mount. The fill-n-bleed kit is OK for what it does, but a $1 T-line fitting will save $25-$30 and take up less space.

around $200 can get you a good cpu and gpu setup. Here's my cut at a setup:
$40 mcw6000 cpu block
$40 mcw50 gpu block
$40-$60 largest heatcore that'll fit in your case, shroud, 120mmfan(s)
$40-$80 pump
$20 tubing, hoseclamps, T-fitting, misc

Last edited:
gungeek, thank you for your reply :D

I'll probably do just that! I'll have to look some of that up and do some thinkin :p

you know you can always add a GPU cooler, 12ft of tubing is more than enough to run your entire system, plus the pump is able to handle it.

There is also this one, the Zalman Reserator Water Cooling Kit, for $100.00 more... looks pretty nice too. That cools both the CPU and Video Card, right?

It's nice but I think you will be disappointed with the performance compared with active cooling and good performance hc.

Well, it will still be some time before I figure out exactly what I want and actually do it (probably wont be done until sometime around Christmas) so I got time to figure everything out still. I just originally wanted to see if anyone had used the Swiftech kit I posted 1st, thats all :)

If I have to buy a kit, that would be the kit I buy. You have a good pump and a block. From what I heard, the rad is not too bad neither. But if I want performance, I would get diy with swiftech mcp650 pump instead and a bonney or chevette hc.

you can always add a gpu block to your setup like a swiftech mcw50. Buying a kit does not mean you can't add additional accessories.

i got the 80mm version of the kit you were thinking of. It's a good start, and a good kit to learn with. It wasn't long before i got rid of the 'bleed-fill tee line', and the small 80mm radiator. I opted to add an aqua-computer reservoir, and a danger den extreme 120mm radiator, and i'm really happy with it.

just like nartac said, i get the feeling you think once you get a kit, you're stuck... nope, sky's the limit.

Honestly - I just want to get a pump right from the start that will be able to pump to two blocks and also I want that fat tubing like in this pic here only I want my tubes to be clear and filled with the green stuff! :D (still need the good looks when you got a window!)

But anyways, the tubing in that pic is 1/2"?

Back