• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

loading bars???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stiffler69

i installed service pack 2, i ran bootvis, diskeeper, tunexp program, tried it all but there is still like 8 loading bars for some reason i dont know whats going on. can someone plz tell me? i want to make my boot time faster.

How old/new is your install. As time passes, it just takes windows longer and longer to load, regardless of anything you try. I think I'm up to ~10 passes right now with a year since my last install. If it's a fresh install, then something is definatly up, but it sounds like your install has been up for a while.

JigPu

Zatrix said:
when my comp was new it took like 3 bars maybe 4 now it takes like 8 or 10.

does processor speed affect it at all?

that's because of all that program you got installed on your computer. if you do a fresh install and do not install anything else, the time it takes to boot will remain the same. try to do a defragmentation it might help a little if you haven't done it recently. delete some unneccessary programs from startup to eliminate bootup time.

ahh this comp has been running fine since january thats when i build it *knocks on wood* but i dont know i do a defrag regularly

Duallie takes one pass for a bar then it's done. I absolutely love it. Sometimes a bad overclock can make it so it takes more bars to pass. I reformat every.......at least month or so on all of my computers. So I can't really say if it does (over time) get worse & worse.

If you don't mind formatting, I would give that a shot.

does processor speed affect it at all?

Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back