• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Debate over memory for VNF3 250 board A64

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cisco Kid

I need to run out and buy some memory cause I sold off my Hynix 2x512 PC3200 BT-D43.

I am looking at 2 choices, a single 512 dimm of Geil Golden Dragon PC3200 vs a dual kit of OCZ PC3500EB . Since my VNF3 250 is single channel I am leaning towards the Geil, it is alos less expensive but I am wondering whether it will allow me to get to the 240 fsb range. Reviews show it has on P4 but I am not sure about A64.

Another option is Mushkin 2x256 PC3200 dual kit. The benefit of a single 512 dimm allows me to upgrade later to a GB of ram vs 768 if I go with the dual kits. Unfortunately the place I am buying the ram does not have 512 dimms in the OCZ EB or Mushkin.

CK

Last edited:
I just got this board the other day. Only EB ram will overclock and keep 1T timings. Thats a hugly important one so I'd go for EB. My hynix,samsung and bh-6 couldn't run 1T over 220Mhz max and that was tested with 3.8Vdimm max too

Steve

Back