• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

first time wc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slyfury

hello, everyone!
i got in on that a64/asus combo and decided to take the plunge into water cooling. i bought the thermaltake aquarius II to start off with because im a wc noob.wow! this thing is a POS! i was getting the same temps with the stock fan!
is there anyway to make the pump faster? anyway, im sure this is not as good as it gets. so what im asking is some help/ recommendations on parts i could get to make it better. pump? new block?
i just bought this thing yesterday, and if there are parts that are cheap and better, i'll return this thing! thanks in advance. :sn:

edit: i also changed the way/direction that the water was traveling. is there an optimal direction/path for the water to travel? example: block to radiator to reservoir,.

I suggest to read the stickies and read some of the recent posts ppl already posted. But here are my components:

Danger Den D4 pump $68.99 at voyeurmods.com
'77 Boneville heater core $17.99 at autozone or 86 chevette hc for 1 120mm fan setup
2x 120mm Panaflo 86cfm 35dba $6.00 each or sanyo denki 102cfm 39dba at $5
Swiftech MCW6002-P $40
bought a Swiftech MCW20-P but decided not to use it b/c it added more heat to what my prescott already produce
Clearflex 60 tubing 10' $6.50 at McMaster
home made PVC reservoir $6.00 or just use T fitting for $1.50 at home depot
8 worm clamps from autozone $4.00

fry's wont let me return it because i cut the tubbing!
im stuck with it :cry:

i found this picture but i have no idea what the parts are. it is the same case i have so i would like to copy the setup. do you know what parts they are?

Attachments

• H20 Upgrade 036.jpg
    H20 Upgrade 036.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 67
cpu block is swiftech mcw5002 TEC block (guessing). GPU probably swiftech mcw50. Not sure the pump but probably swiftech mcp600. Revervoir looks like a dangerden round res.

btw, make google your best friend ;)

Back