• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this RAM any good? Pretty cheap!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

metaphor805

ok I wanna know if this RAM is any good I'm looking to buy some ram under $50 right now, please let me know if it's any good and help me out with what I need to cool my computer down! Would a PC2700 ram stick work with my PC2100 or does it have to be PC2100 only, I know I have a PC2100 184 PIN DIMM 256 MB RAM, just wanna know that question heres a link to my pc from crucial

Heres the link to what I wanna buy!

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-141-175&depa=1
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-141-174&depa=1

Let me know if I should buy something more expensive or from better quality!

First off WELCOME.

You may want to edit your signature & put your system specs in it. What is your computer that you want help with cooling & why? CPU, mobo, temps, PS, case, fans, etc.........?! PC2700 would probably work with PC2100, but you will be limited by the speed of that stick of PC2100.

The memory looks fine, but what system are you going to be running it in?! That would help a great deal to know what your specs are.

Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition
AMD Athlon™ XP 2400+ Processor (2.00 GHz) with QuantiSpeed™ architecture
VIA KM 266
7.25"w x 14.125"h x 16"d
80 GB HDD
AOL 3 month membership included, click here for details
256 MB DDR (PC 2100)
56K* ITU v.92 ready Fax/Modem
10/100Mbps built-in Ethernet
48x Max. CD-RW Drive, 16x Max. DVD Drive, 3.5" 1.44MB FDD
Multimedia Keyboard, 2-Button Wheel Mouse, Amplified Stereo Speakers
6 USB 2.0 ports (2 on front), 1 Serial, 1 Parallel, 2 PS/2, Microphone-In & Head Phone jack on front, Audio-In & Out, 3 PCI slots (2 available)
AC '97 Audio
Nvidia GeForce3 Ti 200 128 MB

I guess I'm confused by the cooling part of it.......Or what your question is as far as that. What do the temps look like? What kind of heatsink are you using? Why does it need to be cooled down?

Alright, well the PC2700 would probably work but as I said before the PC2100 is going to limit you. I would suggest either going with all PC2700 or just getting another stick of PC2100 to tide you over. With a VIA chipset based motherboard you will not be doing a ton of overclocking. So PC2100 would probably be the most wise route to go. I'd definately (either way) recommend upgrading your memory, you only have 256. :eek:

(reason for signature is because it just helps people figure out how to help you & some people may not even reply if you don't have specs up)

Hey thanks, about cooling is doesnt it lower your tempature of your computer I wanna know what I need or make it quieter if u have msn you can talk to me at [email protected]

Ahhhhh, I have a link for you that will bring you to threads that are stickies. This is a good explanation of the cooling basics & kinds. Sounds like you may want to start reading here. There are stickies all over ocforums in every section. That are very helpful & cover a lot of basic stuff.

I'm guessing the fans in your case are to loud or the fan on top of your CPU heatsink is to loud. You can purchase different fans from a bunch of online stores. www.frozencpu.com has them. www.svc.com has them......Generally though, the louder & bigger the fan, the more air it's pushing, thus the cooler your machine stays.....

I'm at work right now......If I'm around tonight & you are, I'll send ya a message. Help ya out if you need it.

Back